Friday, October 14, 2011

Speed Bump

Well... Things don't always go as we plan. Would it be weird to hold a funeral for a piece of exercise equipment?

Tonight, while getting in my workout on the elliptical machine, it started making a very loud bump noise every time the wheel (in the back) was at the bottom of the rotation. I tried to baby it along while attempting to get some exercise... in the end it died anyway. It looked like it spilled its guts out on the floor. My husband has yet to open it up all the way, but looking through the part that fell off he believes that the rear axle broke. If we can fix it ourselves we can keep using it. If we can't fix it, we are out of an awesome exercise machine. We certainly can't afford a new one... doubt we can afford to get this one fixed (even doing it ourselves). We bought it Valentines Day 2008. We have used it a TON. So sad.

Can we please have a moment of silence for my favorite torture device?

Thank you. . .

Shhhh don't tell my fat cells that the machine is dead. They might hear you. I want to keep them on edge.

No comments: